At the annual conference of the SC&RA, Goldhofer was presented with the Environmental Award for corporate commitment to environmental protection.
At this year’s annual conference of the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA), the prestigious Environmental Award for sustainable environmental policies was presented to Goldhofer Aktiengesellschaft as part of the closing night ceremonies held in Orlando, Florida on April 30. The jury’s decision was made in recognition of the extensive range of measures taken by the manufacturer of heavy-duty and oversized cargo vehicles in the framework of the comprehensive sustainability and environmental protection systems operated by the German company.
The following measures have been implemented in the last few years:
- District heating plant solution for over 80% savings in fossil fuels
- Reduction in carbon emissions by 2,600 tons per year
- PV arrays installed on the works buildings accounting for one third of total power requirements
- LED lighting systems for energy savings in all works buildings and offices
- Internal recycling with strict waste separation and recovery systems
- Corporate social responsibility for employees in the form of optimum work environments and thorough training programs
The SC&RA jury made the award to Goldhofer in recognition of a whole package of measures that go well beyond compliance with the legal requirements for reducing environmental impacts and thus help protect the environment and preserve the planet’s natural resources.