Continuous airport growth, high daily air-traffic volumes and increasing aircraft type variation are a constant challenge for logistics operations at today's airports. Goldhofer's towbarless aircraft tractors are a big help – with safe, economical and particularly fast and flexible movement of the aircraft on the ground.
- Safe and reliable
- Made in Germany
- Reputable brand components for the highest in-service rate
- High aircraft compatibility, maximum flexibility
- For all apron work (from push-back to high-speed towing)
- Fewer tow tractors for handling more types of aircraft
- High resale value; low operating, maintenance and process costs
- Unique hydrostatic drive for moving aircraft on the ground at up to 32 km/h – without compromising safety
- Ergonomic driver’s cab with 180° pivoting seat for best possible view
- Nose gear engaged and raised by the maintenance-free pickup system in record time
The towbarless AST-1X series of aircraft tractors sets new standards in moving wide-bodied jets reliably, quickly and safely on the ground. Today’s AST-1X offers fast and efficient handling and long-distance towing of all current aircraft in the 400 t to 600 t MTOW range, from the A300 / B767 right through to the A380 / B747-8. For push-back, gate-to-gate and distance towing, the AST-1X satisfies all expectations with its permanent hydrostatic 4-wheel drive and innovative solutions.
Type AST-2P/X »PHOENIX«
The AST-2 of the fourth generation is based on a completely new, compact and modular vehicle design, with a hydrostatically powered steering drive axle for maximum traction even under low loads. The extended range of compatible aircraft, from the Embraer 170-195 to the B777-300ER, is another reason for choosing the latest generation AST-2.
The towbarless aircraft tractors in the AST-3 series can handle all aircraft movements up to 220 t MTOW (ERJ135 - B767-400) more quickly, flexibly and cost-effectively than ever before. The AST-3 F is designed for all aircraft movements such as pushback, extended pushback, inter-gate towing and medium-speed maintenance towing. As an alternative, an even more economical version is available in the form of the AST-3 L, with less engine power, 2-wheel drive and less tractive force – still enough for handling aircraft up to 160 t MTOW.